Check (✔) any of the following items that present problems.
Your Name (required)
Your Email (required)
Your Phone (required)
A. About The Owners
1. Family members ages
2. Any special needs?
3. Where does your family spend the most time together?
4. Where does your family eat most meals?
5. Does your family watch TV together or do you prefer separate TV-watching areas for parents and children?
6. How do you entertain?
7. How important are formal living areas to you?
8. How do you plan to use your yard?
Special features (views, water, trees, adjacent property, other)
Owner requirements (views, driveway access, other)
C. House--General Requirements
1. Anticipated square footage (heated/cooled)
2. Preferred architectural style
3. How many levels?
4. If two story, how many staircases and where?
6. Preferred exterior materials/colors
7. Window style preferences
8. Door style preferences
9. How many garages?
10. Special garage requirements (location, storage, hobby area, other)
11. Number/location of bedrooms
12. Number/location of baths
13. Special room requirements
14. In which rooms do you want fireplaces?
15. Preferred laundry location
D. Rooms-Specific Requirements
2. Living Room
formal or informal?
how will it be used?
what furniture must it accommodate?
3. Dining Room
will the kitchen typically be used for serious meal preparation or for quick, convenient meals?
will you eat most family meals here?
do you want a breakfast counter with stools?
which type of work area do you prefer - island or peninsula?
describe the type of appliances you want and where they should be located
what materials should counters be?
what materials should floors be?
what style, color, and configuration of cabinets do you want?
do you want a desk in or near the kitchen?
will your family use an outdoor eating area off the kitchen?
do you want a walk-in pantry?
other kitchen requirements:
5. Family Room
should family room be open to kitchen?
will family's main TV/VCR be located here?
where should fireplace be located in relation to TV?
describe furniture planned for family room:
need a wet bar?
6. Study or home office
where should it be located?
what built-ins will you need?
what special electrical or wiring needs?
7. Owner's suite
first or second floor?
want patio or deck access?
sitting area or retreat?
need adjacent exercise, hobby, office or nursery area?
prefer closet access from bath, bedroom, or dressing area?
preferred sink/counter layout?
shower for one or two?
what style of tub?
other bath requirements:
8. Secondary bedrooms
preferred bath arrangement:
need shared play/study/living space?