Learn more about Heartland Homes Inc.
Richard Bergman has been building homes for 20+ years. He was a design instructor at the University of Buffalo for 7 years and also built custom cabinets for the top furniture design stores. Along the way he began buying Buffalo city “fixer upper” homes and started a renovations business.
Some of our most frequently asked questions
While there are many different definitions of Green Building out there, it is generally accepted as the planning, design, construction, and operations of buildings with several central, foremost considerations: energy use, water use, indoor environmental quality, material section and the building’s effects on its site.
– Reduce your energy costs by 20-30 percent and reduce your water usage by 40-50% by using WaterSensible faucets and plumbing fixtures.
– Your home is built more durably than most standard homes because of high-quality building materials and better construction methods.
– Local, state and federal governments offer tax breaks and other incentives for building LEED and ENERGY STAR® approved homes.
– The market demand for green homes continues to rise as consumers worry about rising energy costs.
– By using toxin-free building materials you’ll combat indoor air pollution, which can be much worse than outdoor pollution. When building your new home consider using products like wheat-derived strawboard, natural linoleum made from jute and linseed oil, paints with little or no volatile organic compounds and toxin-free insulation made from soybeans.
– Keep your family-breathing better by installing natural ventilation with the use of mechanical ventilation systems to filter and bring fresh air inside and vent stale air outside.
Heartland Homes and it's heart and soul, Richard Bergman, are first class in every way. We built our home and also did several projects before that with Richard. There is no one I could trust more to care about every detail, to make sure we got the most value and at the same time, to care about building for a cleaner environment.
Our new home is green certified. We are living in an elegant, progressively thought out space and paying very little for our utilities. The materials in our home are the finest from our foundation to the wood that is used to frame our house, from our windows, doors and fixtures to the beutifully dry, spacious basement with high ceilings.
We built our first house with Richard 12 years ago. Everything went flawless except for a couple problems, but Richard was right there to resolve the issues. He spared no expense to make sure the issues were resolved properly. There will always be an issue or 2 when building a home - but its how the builder takes care of the issues that makes the difference. Richard was and still is extremely easy to work with and an extremely reasonable builder. If I were to build again, I would choose Richard over any other builder out there today as well-hands down.
We’d love to speak with you about how we can create your perfect custom home.
Schedule an appointment now to learn about how Heartland Homes Inc. can make your dream home a reality.